How It Works
We meet for one hour four times a year. Members nominate charities and then vote. The winning charity receives a $100 check from each member.
- Each member commits to 1 year (four quarters) participation.
- Members must be present to vote.
- Each member donates $100 per meeting. ($400 per year)
- Members unable to attend will give their check to another member to deliver on their behalf or mail them to Marty.
- The donations will be given to charities/non-profits serving the Wood River Valley area.
- Only charities/non-profits with IRS 501C3 designation will be considered.
- No national programs will be considered. The purpose is for the contribution to stay in the community 100%.
- A member must have participated for at least one year in order to make a nomination
- The membership will vote and plurality rules. Even if a member's first choice isn't selected, each member is committed to donating at each meeting . In order to 'win', the charity must have a majority vote, if not, a second vote will be done between the top two.
- Those charities/non-profits selected will have to agree to NOT use the names of members for future solicitations or give the information to the public.
For more information: